The Crown Jewel of Swede Hill – The historic 1902, Palmquist House was completely renovated, updated and enlarged in 2007. Meticulous attention to detail went into the kitchen, bathrooms and all décor. Long-leaf pine floors remain in all main rooms except the kitchen and study. High ceilings with fans, 3 covered porches, one of which overlooks the fabulous garden area with water fountain and picnic table set under the shade of huge live oak trees. The home features comfortable living spaces, a spacious chef's kitchen with marble countertops, stainless appliances and many extras. It received an Austin Energy 4 Star Green Bldg Award. And it’s only 5 minutes to the State Capitol.
- Fabulous floor plan in MIL configuration with open living and entertaining areas that flow easily to the porches and garden.
- 3 Bedrooms, 2½ Baths, an office, media room/library and family room. The home contains a comfortable 2523 square feet (per tax records) that seem like much more, with 2 covered porches and a large open deck area overlooking the garden, water feature and picnic table
- .21 acres (per tax records)
- Reclaimed materials including antique long leaf pine floors, antique front doors, antique interior doors, and some of the lighting and hardware.
- The original c. 1902 Palmquist house was approximately 1000 SF. The house was completely renovated and another 1400+ square feet were added in 2007-2008.
- The additions were done in the character and style of the original home, with some of the original materials used in the additions. Meticulous attention was paid during the restoration and addition to the beautiful details of the home so that the original character would be retained.
- The home received a 4-star rating (out of 5) from the Austin Energy Green Building Program. The building program defines a green home as one that is “designed and constructed so all parts interact successfully with each other and their environment to control heat, air and moisture.
- Develped by El Centro GroupArchitectural design by Sentient Architecture, (http://www.sentientarchitecture.com), built by Shiloh Travis Home.
- The beautifully landscaped yard is enclosed by an attractive wrought iron fence in the front and privacy fence at the sides and rear.
- Walk to Hillside Farmacy, Franklin BBQ, Historic Victory Grill and all the other great places along 11th Street. A park is less than 1 block away. Walk score is 80!
- Downtown, UT campus, the Capitol, the entertainment district, the soon to be built medical center and much more are an easy bike ride from the house.
Virtual Tour Floor Plan Location Map Neighborhood History Palmquist House History
ML NOS.: Austin-6724823 Houston-93633628 Permian Basin-coming soon