VIDEO BELOW CONTAINS AERIAL VIEWS AND LEJOS' MAGNIFICENT GREAT ROOM
"LEJOS" is the owner's name for this for this phenomenal ranch. It means “far away,” and it feels that way while being only 10 minutes to Wimberley Square and 45 minutes from Austin. There's a lake, fine lodge-style home, peace, privacy, turkey and deer, song birds, and abundant Hill Country scenery. Two dams on the property have created a lake from Lone Man Creek, which runs through the property. We hear there’s great fishing. Waterfalls, limestone ledges, a cliff, hills and a valley enhance the surrounding nature’s beauty and experience of feeling far away.
Here are some of the most important features,
from the owner, unless otherwise noted:
- Approx 115.51 acres (per tax records); frontage on 2 roads: Red Hawk and River Mountain
- Includes over 2000 feet on both sides of Lone Man Creek, which has been dammed up to create a lake.
- Has 3 natural waterfalls and two falls over the two dams.
- Home has approx 3744 sq ft (per tax records) , built in 2001
- Has 4 bedrooms (incl loft), 3 full & 1 half baths
- Frontage on River Mountain Road could be subdivided into 25+ acre tracts w/ views
- Road maintenance via Road Maintenance Agreement of property owners to share cost
- Restrictions, road maintenance cost sharing, but no HOA or HOA dues
- Property includes road crossing downstream below big dam;
- Upsteam boundary is +/- 200 ft above small upstream dam (per owner)
- Timbers in the house, which came from a wharf in Oregon, were taken to Colorado, processed and assembled, then dissembled, brought to Lejos, then re-assembled by Colorado craftsmen and Buffalo Framing from Austin.
- Stonework was done by Palapa stone work, Wimberley, involved 10--12 people working for about 1 year.
- All windows are by Marvin Windows.
- Two separate heating and cooling systems: one for Study & Master Bedroom, other for rest of the house.
- Aerobic septic system.
- Water well is about 600 feet deep; has never gone dry.
- Water softening system located in outside room on east side
- Concrete entrance poured in 2013
- Never any tree diseases
- Wildlife exemption maintained by Jamie Kinschreff
- Abundant deer and turkey
- Lake has abundant turtles, catfish and bass.
- Wireless internet in house and satellite TV
VIRTUAL TOUR with more photos, plus video.