HUGE $200,000 REDUCTION: NOW OFFERED AT $695,000
This can be MORE THAN JUST A HOME:
This could be an EVENT CENTER for weddings, meetings and gatherings of all kinds. The enormous live oaks behind the house provide a beautiful setting. The kitchen facilities in the main house are generous, plus the Red Barn even has its own separate kitchen, 3/4 Bath and Office.
It could be a CLASSIC CAR BUFF’S DREAM, with wide garage doors on each side of the Red Barn and places to park at least 6 cars inside it, plus a Separate Garage with grease pit and a Mechanical Building. There's space to store 9 cars.
With the many rooms, large kitchen and 2nd Kitchen in the Red Barn, it could easily be a B&B.
It even has enough rooms to be a SCHOOL.
AT A GLANCE
5117 sq ft (per tax records) in home, built in 1984, 2003
On 5.5 acres in a quiet area on the edge of Wimberley
5 Bedrooms, 3½ baths, 3 living areas (2 are 20' x 34')
Beautiful screened-in pool area
2-storey red barn 39' x 49' with kitchen, bath, office, garage doors
Mechanical Building/Shop with 2 bays, work/storage room & carport
5 minutes from Wimberley's Central Square
Acclaimed Wimberley ISD Schools
Low Hays County Taxes
THE SITE: There are 5.5 acres of beautiful grounds, much of it shaded by enormous live oaks. The area around the house and garage have been professionally landscaped with trees, shrubs, carpet grasses (zoysia), etc.The terrain rolls gently from the front to the wet weather creek toward the rear. The owner has, at considerable expense, excavated the hillside in front of the house and built the retaining wall and the French drain that safeguard the house from flooding. The driveway and French drain in front are now lower than the front porch, so flooding will never be a problem. The creek runs more or less at the rear of the property and theres even a zip-line across it. This creek comes out of its bank once in a while after very heavy rains, but it is far below the house and other improvements, so theres no danger of flooding from that direction.
THE HOME: Built in 1986, expanded & remodeled in 2000.
- 5,117 sq ft (per HCAD tax records)
- 5 bedrooms (3 down, 2 up)
- 3 baths
- A formal living room
- A formal dining room
- An adjoining breakfast room
- A large kitchen with granite counters
- An office/computer room
- A formal entry/foyer with double glass doors
- A utility room (served by a water softener)
- 2 huge family/game rooms 20 x 34upstairs & downstairs
- A 9 x 40 screened-in porch runs across the back of the house
- There are 3 hot water tanks in the home; 2 downstairs, 1 upstairs.
- The home’s exterior wall studs are 2” x 6” for extra thermal barrier insulation.
- All roofing shingles (30-yr) were installed in 2011.
- The house is fully wired for securityElectric fireplace mantel in master BR is over 100 yrs old, came from previous owners’ home in Louisiana. Ceramic tiles surrounding that fireplace were made by previous owners in a kiln in the barn 25+ years ago.
2-STOREY RED BARN 39x49, finished out downstairs with 4 big garage doors, 1 on each side, an
office, a full kitchen and a bath. At least 6 cars could be stored here. Upstairs is a big, open game
room with storage closets in each corner.
1-CAR GARAGE, oversized, with epoxy floor and work/grease pit below has the exterior finished out with white stone and shingles that match the house.
The large MACHINERY BUILDING/SHOP 24' x 30', has concrete slab floor, Hardiplank exterior, a double garage door, 2 bays and adjoining work/storage room 10' x 16' & car port.
The completely screened-in 16 x 32 swimming pool (built 2002) is beside the house and has a
propane water heater for the spa & pool, an auto-chlorinator system and a timed cleaner that
operates daily, maintained by local pool service.
OTHER DETAILS & FEATURES:
- 10,500 gallon concrete rainwater harvesting tank is by the pool, fed by gutters and drains from
house and barn.
- 16 station automatic irrigation system covers all areas around the house.
- 2 Wimberley Water Supply Co water taps/meters, one for house & barn, other for irrigation &
- Massive stone retaining walls along front and rear of yards with extensive French drain all along
front retaining wall.
- Underground 2 separate septic tanks with 1 drainfield.
- French drain
- Both kitchen refrigerators, big-screen TV in the family room, water softener are to convey.
- Acclaimed Wimberley ISD Schools
- It's less than a 5-minute drive from Wimberley Square and Blue Hole Park!
370 Buttercup Lane
Wimberley, TX 78676
Wimberley TX car property for sale, car collector garage for sale, indoor space for 10 cars in multiple garages, wimberley tx home with multiple garages, home for sale in wimberley with garages, wimberley real estate for sale with huge garage space, wimberley tx real estate for sale with garages and grease pit, wimberley tx home for sale with workshop, hill country dream garage, car club garage in wimberley, wimberley house for sale with grease pit garage, real estate in wimberly tx for sale with big garage, car collecting garage for sale, car collector garage for sale in texas, dream garage for sale with home, ultimate car property in wimberley, house with dream garage for sale in wimberley TX, hill country home for sale with dream garages, car property for sale near austin tx, car property for sale in tx, 78676 real estate for sale, wimberley tx home for sale with large garage and workshop, ultimate garage for sale in 78676, garage mahal for sale, wimberley event center for sale, home school property for sale near austin, wimberley home with commercial possibilities, 370 buttercup ln, 370 buttercup lane, 370 buttercup wimberley 78676, 370 buttercup ln wimberley tx, 370 buttercup lane wimberley, 78676 real estate for sale, wimberley creek home for sale, wimberley home with wet weather creek for sale, wimberley home for sale near blue hole
For information call Barbara Boyd at (512) 917-3333
ML Nos: Austin- 3284295 Houston-79471932