OFFERED AT $394,500
This is a small, cozy house, a quiet and serene place to live full-time or to have as a weekend getaway place. Neighboring houses are a considerable distance away, screened from view by the vegetation, so it's very private. Birdsong from many species and the sound of the water coming over the dam set the soothing, restful tone. The stars are brilliant at night and you can have a spectacular view of them from the observation tower on the part of the property across the road and up the hill. You'll have to go a long way to see as perfect a place in such lovely surroundings.
Look out a rear window and you'll see Lone Man Creek right below you. It's rare to find a place this close to a creek that also has easy access to the water--typically you're either on top of a cliff you have to climb down or way back from the water's edge because of a wide floodplain. Here, a stone staircase takes you down to a small terrace a few feet from where clear water flows over a dam. Relax there in a chair and read or just sit and listen to the water splashing over the dam.
The living room has large windows on 2 sides, so there's plenty of light. The larger bedroom also has lots of windows overlooking the creek and is filled with light in the morning. In contrast, the second bedroom is more closed in--a cool, quiet refuge if your mood prefers that.
- 2.78 ± private acres (HCAD)
- 2 BR, 1 Ba in 920 sq ft (HCAD), or 975 sq ft (per owner measurements)
- Built 1949, LOTS of recent updating, beautifully maintained
- Open living, kitchen and dining spaces take advantage of views and natural light.
- Rear windows look right down on the creek
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Two small rock terraces, one above the creek and one by the creek
- A built-in outdoor grill/cooking station with searing plate from Barbeque's Galore
- Three porches - a front porch, a back screened porch, and an open back porch
- Storage house (approx. 125 S.F., per owner) that could also be used for a workshop or studio.
- Additional tall structure (observatory) for viewing birds by day, stars by night
- Carport for 2 cars
- Concrete, wood and stone exterior.
- Metal Roof (approx. 5 years old, per owner)
- Separate well house with water treatment system that includes a water softener and aeration unit.
- Mr. Slim, by Mitsubishi Electric, ductless AC and heating units (owner spent approx. $16,000)
- Fire pit and seating area that overlooks creek and dam
- Great "lock & go" property - It's very private, has security system, camera surveillence system, and custom made steel security screen doors. Not that you need the extra security.
- Owner updated the entire plumbing system in 2010
- Cute, screened-in chicken house attached to the hobby/storage building.
- Fenced garden area
- Septic system
- 10 min to Wimberley Square, but outside the city limits and ETJ
- 45 minutes to downtown Austin
516 Deer Lake Cove, Wimberley, TX 78676
Contact Barbara Boyd, Realtor®, for answers to questions or to make an appointment to visit this extrordinary property: (512) 917-3333
78676 real estate for sale, wimberley waterfront homes for sale, deer lake rd real estate for sale, hill country waterfront real estate, hill country waterfront home for sale, 78676 home for sale, home on lone man creek for sale, wimberley real estate specialist, hill country waterfront real estate, hill country home with views, wimberley home with views for sale, 78676 view home for sale, hill country waterfront with a view for sale, 78676 real estate for sale, wimberly waterfront home for sale, wimberley home for sale, wimberley vacation house for sale, 78676 vacation houses for sale, wimberly water home for sale.